Monday, June 10, 2013

Design Wall June 10, 2013

I saw both these designs on two of the quilt shows I watch on television.  The first one is Elle's Quilt in a Day show.  I thought I'd try them both out maybe for tablerunners.  My sister is coming for her annual vacation from Singapore and I thought I may make one of these up for her.

The first one is called Twin Sisters.  I would be totally scrappy.  I experimented with a couple of sizes.  I really like the large blocks when piecing a large quilt and the small one for maybe a tablerunner or corner blocks.


I think this one is called Twirling Triangles.  This one I saw on Fons and Porter.  I just happen to have a 60 degree triangle and  thought I would try it out.  I like it.  I goes together great,.  No "y" seams, just straight line sewing.  I've made a couple of halves.  This picture was taken when I'd only had one done.   I like it.


This post is being linked to Judy's Patchwork Times.  Come have a look around and see what everyone is working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment