Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Fonzi and the girls

We went to the Auction today to get 7 layers and one Rooster. I was in charge of picking the hens and my DB wanted to pick the Rooster. We looked at all the poultry and decided which ones we wanted to bid on. Believe it or not, we got the ones we wanted. I can't believe some of those Roosters went for $17. Here's ours:

He's the big guy. Fonzi




Three of our girls. This will be an adventure. We've both had chickens before. I was a young teenager and wasn't really interested then. I think I'm really interested now.

1 comment:

  1. Around here Roos are sometimes free on Craigslist, even the purebred ones. Roos are very pretty, but we are happy with just hens, and the eggs they lay! Funny that when you're a kid, you aren't interested in such things as chickens - but when you grow up, you value different things and enjoy learning so much more! Hope your birds bring you much joy!

    ReplyDelete