Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More Christmas Baking

I started fruitcake right after Thanksgiving and brushed it weekly with brandy.  We just had a taste this week and it's delicious. I had always relied on my mom for fruitcake, but this year she wasn't baking so I decided if I wanted any, I'd better make them myself.  I'll make them again next year.

 I've made a couple batches of cookies already.  I had planned on making up plates for the next door neighbor, mail lady, and a couple people from Doug's work, plus my son.   But...... I only have a very small cache of cookies left.  Doug has been eating them like they are going out of style.  So I have cinnamon roll batter in the fridge and those will go as gifts instead of cookies.  I did get these made but they are gone now.
Cowboy Cookies and Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies


All that's left of my cookie baking are Peanut Blossom Cookies.  They are disappearing fast though.  Oh well, I'm glad he likes them and it gives me a reason to bake.  I love to bake.
This post has been linked to Made from Scratch Tuesdays.  You can find her button on the right side bar if you want to see more recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment