Sunday, October 16, 2011

MQX West Portland 2011

I had a real treat this last week.  I attended the first MQX West (Maching Quilters Exposition) in Portland.  I took a couple of hands-on classes from Linda V. Taylor and a lecture demo with Kim Brunner.  The first class with Linda V. Taylor was Stargazing.  She gave us ideas on how to quilt stars.

Then we got to practice.  We were using a Gammil longarm quilting machine.  These were wonderful to quilt with.  Maybe one of these days, I'll be able to get one.  But I like mine and am getting use to quilting with it.  These aren't my stars...I wish.  No they were Linda's demos for her class.  

The class I took with Kim Brunner was on Edge to Edge Quilting.  She thought this subject was needed because not everyone does custom work.  She had some great handout for us to practice with.  I can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment