Sunday, September 22, 2013

Design Wall 9-23-2013

I've been so excited about this quilt that I've had a hard time putting it down.  I had canning to do and I didn't want to take time away from this to do that.

The top is pieced except the borders.  I wasn't able to purchase enough of the background material and I guess I thought I would piece a border.  I've decided that I want to applique the border and for that I needed some ric rac and more background fabric.  I ordered it today.  The ric rac is already on its way.  I'm not very imaginative about it.  I've decided to make the borders like the alternate quilt in the Fons and Porter Love of Quilting magazine.  I like it.

Here's way I am.


I'm working on building up my longarm business and according to some experts, the first three years need to focus on getting my name out there.  I decided to make a tote for a longarm quilt show I'm attending in October.  MQX West.  

  I had an extra block from the quilt above.  The other block is a block from a string quilt.  I made them out of the same fabrics from the first block. I've SID'd on the tote and now I'm thinking of how to quilt it.  Next week I'll have some process to show.

This post is being linked to Patchwork Times.  Hop over and see what others have been doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment