Sunday, September 15, 2013

I Can't Believe It's Sunday Already

I've been busy.  This morning I had my normal routine of reading my favorite blogs and of course new posts on Facebook.  I found a recipe for Cinnamon Twists by Recipe Girl.  I decided to make them.  Instead of using buttermilk, which I never have, I thought I would substitute with milk.  When I looked, I didn't have any of that either.  Ok, so I thought I had some dry milk but I didn't have the directions for making it.  It usually turns out to weak.  So I looked in my pantry and I had condensed milk. So into the condensed milk I added a tablespoon of lemon.  That's what my research said to do for buttermilk.  Is this what I've been making all along?  Buttermilk?  I thought I was just making sour milk.  Anyway.  I didn't take pictures of all the steps.  These are the twists just before putting them into the oven.


I misread the instructions and baked mine for 20 minutes.  Too long.  12-15 was the ideal and it would have been just right.


So they are a little brown, but I went ahead and glazed them.  My son came in just as I was finished and he and Doug ate one pan.  They must not have been too bad.  These were very easy to make.  The instructions call for using a pizza cutter for making the strips.  I love my pizza cutter.  I use it for a lot of things besides cutting pizza.

While the dough was rising, we hurried and gathered out onions that were already dug and drying.  The rain was suppose to come in around noon and we didn't want to ruin our crop.

This was all we got but that will be enough for us.  Last year we had tons.  We gave away lots and still ended up tossing some.



I've been in my sewing room most of the day in between chores.  I've been working on a quilt for a couple of weeks, not nonstop, I still have a day job.  All the blocks are done and I'm in the process of putting together the rows.  Yesterday, I printed out some applique which I will use in the border.  I ordered some ric-rack for the vines.  I hope it turns out.  

I hope to have a picture of the rows completed for my blog on Monday.  Check back to see it.  I am just loving the secondary pattern.  I sound redundant but I love it and am fascinated by it.

That's all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment