Monday, February 13, 2012

Design Wall 2-13-12

It's been a good week.  Since I signed up for Judy's UFO project and started posting What's on My Design wall at Patchwork Times, I've been sewing more.  It feels so good to get old projects out of the way and not feel guilty about starting new ones.  I posted the start of my son's quilt on Judy's website, last week.  Since then, I have only been able to sew on the weekends.  My nights after coming home from work don't allow any time.  But his quilt is started and there are more parts on the ironing board.


This is how I originally thought I would layout his quilt.
But when I started putting the squares on my design wall, I saw this design.  I like it.
Since I took the picture this morning, I have 7 rows and 12 columns completed.  My finished design, so far is 14x16 with a 2 in border.
This post is being shared on Patchwork Times Design Wall Monday Thank you for joining me.

3 comments:

  1. I like the design you created the second time. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That design was an accident after putting up a couple of blocks wrong. I decided to put it into EQ and really see how it looked. I going with it also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be a great quilt! Good for you, working on it whenever you get the chance. It'll be finished in no time!

    ReplyDelete