Monday, February 20, 2012

Design Wall 2-20-12

My son's jean quilt is coming along.  I have 3 more rows to make and then all the rows need to be sewn together.  I'm hoping to do this Monday.  Then I will need to start on the back.  He has given me a ton of Crown Royal bags to use.  I'm thinking I'll have to intersperse then with squares of purple flannel.  The blocks both flannel and CR bags will probably need to be interfaced.  I think the bags will need to be taken apart but at this time I'm not sure how to do this.
Does anyone have any ideas for me?  I'd love to hear them.

This post is being shared on Judy's Patchwork Times Design Wall

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carmi.... I'm thinking you'll need to cut the bottoms and tops off the bags, slit them up one side and iron them out to see what sort of surface you have. Interfacing or that Pellon (Light weight iron on) is needed.
    That's my take. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you check out etsy and google you will find lots of ideas.

    Good luck with this up-cycle project.

    ReplyDelete