Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 2012 UFO Challenge

The UFO Challenge for January is complete.  Judy called number 1 which is a child's charity quilt.  I picked the top from a local quilt store years ago.  I quilted it but the binding was left to do.  I did it.


This morning Judy called for number 8 to be the March UFO.  This is my March UFO Challenge:
My daughter will be so happy to finally see this one completed.  I've been working on it for years.  I got totally bored with it.  Originally it was just the center stars for the quilt.  It's a king, and I just wanted it finished.  So I added the star points around the center star.  I wanted larger blocks so I wouldn't have to make so many.  This quilt is quilted and just needs the binding.  I think I can, I think I can.  I KNOW I CAN!  She and her family are coming out to visit me this summer.  The last time they were in Oregon was 2000, and they moved to Montana.  They haven't been back since.  I'm so glad they will be coming out this year.  I've decided to have a big BBQ and party in their honor.  I want to show off my daughter and her family.  I have 4 grandchildren and can't wait to spoil them rotten on my turf.

This post is being linked to Judy's March UFO Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Good going. Two nice UFOs off your list. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job! i love the stars quilt- and you're right- those king size quilts just seem to get bigger and bigger as we sew on them...

    ReplyDelete